Tuesday 21 May 2013

Summer Take-Home Math Booklets

Well I can't believe that it is almost summertime! I haven't started the exact countdown, and it's not as close as some other bloggers I've seen (in the single digits!) but I am definitely excited.

How do you pass the last few weeks (or days) in the classroom? How do you prepare your students for the summer? I'm always interested in how the transition back to school happens in other schools. Do you get your new kids or do you see your previous students for the first few days?

If you do see your previous students, it's a perfect opportunity to give them some things to over the summer to keep their brains working. I think by seeing them again at the beginning of the next year, hopefully you can keep students and parents accountable for some summertime learning. You can provide them with Summer reading lists or Summer reading logs - ooh that's the perfect idea for a freebie - or some math to keep them up-to-date and prevent the Summer slide.

Enter my Daily Math Summer Take-Home Booklets. I've got half-page booklets for 2nd, 3rd & 4th grades that follow the pattern of my Daily Math series and review the Common Core Standards for each grade. Click on the pictures if you're interested:

           



Each of these booklets is also included in my Daily Math packs. Click on the pictures to check out these if you're interested in a full year of Daily Math:


             

 And now I am exhausted, I can't believe it's only Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment