Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Back to School Activity & a Freebie!

So I've been thinking about some fun back to school activities, so I thought I'd share one I saw online. I don't know about you but in my district, we get our old students back for a few days, while new classes are being sorted out, so we've got to have some activities to keep them busy, until they head off to their new classrooms.

It's always fun to have the students reflect/write/draw/share about their summer vacation.

via Kids Artists
I saw this picture from Kids Artists on Pinterest and it reminded me of an activity I did. Provide students with an outline of a pair of sunglasses and have them draw two events from their summer vacation. Put them up with a catchy slogan and you have a fun back to school bulletin board.

To go with this, I came up with a little writing activity. Have the students write a letter (to a friend, parent, teacher etc.) about their summer vacation. Click on any of the pictures below to download the free activity.





I've also finally finished my Back to School Daily Math for 1st Grade, click on the picture to check that out if you're interested.


This pack follows the same pattern as my other Daily Math units with each day consisting of 5 questions that review various Kindergarten Common Core Standards. Now off to work on the Fall set!

What's your go-to back to school activity? Leave me a comment below!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and it is adorable! Love the colors- and the back to school ideas! :)
    I'd love to you stop over to my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete