Thursday 18 April 2013

Earth Day Again & a Song . . . or 2

Well before Earth Day comes on Monday I wanted to share a few more things. Is it bad that I've been thinking of Earth Day things non-stop but didn't realize until today that Earth Day was Monday? I guess I was so busy that I didn't realize it was coming up so fast.

Are you looking for a cute song for Earth Day? I just heard about Jack Johnson's 3 R's Songs - an absolutely perfect fit for Earth Day. Jack Johnson has been one of my favorite artists for the past couple of years so I have no idea how I completely missed this song.


How about Lights Out Canada? If you live in Canada will you be participating by having an electricity-free day at school? It may be tough will all our computers and SMART Boards, but it's definitely do-able. If you live outside Canada, do you have any similar initiatives going on, I would love to hear about them.

Finally, another Canadian-wide thing. Have you heard of Music Monday? If you haven't you should check it out {HERE}.  On Monday, May 6th, schools across Canada will participate in singing "ISS - Is Somebody Singing" with Commander Hadfield at the International Space Station - so cool! If you haven't heard of this, check out the video below of  Commander Hadfield recording with the Barenaked Ladies. Students love the magic guitar pick and spinning guitar!


Have great plans for Monday, leave a comment, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment