So that's why I'm here today - to list some of my favourite brain break videos for kindergarten and first grade. As long as the end of the year craziness doesn't become more pronounced (though I'm sure it will), I hope to be back with some more videos for older students. I chose to break into up into age ranges because some of the videos might be too young for 5th grade and way to old for K.
1. Just Dance 3: Ubisoft meets Nintendo - Just Mario
I don't know about you, but every time I put this on for students, it brings back warm and fuzzy memories of playing Nintendo. Then I look around and remember that most of these kids have no idea what the original Nintendo was all about! It doesn't matter, they still love Mario!
2. Koo Koo Kanga Roo: Dinosaur Stomp
So fun and the kids will love pretending to be dinosaurs!
3. Just Dance Kids 2: The Gummy Bear Song
I have heard this one so many times I probably sing it in my sleep!
4. Just Dance Kids 2: Five Little Monkeys
This one is adorable and you'll find your students singing it during center time - just make sure they don't mimic the monkeys and fall to the floor!
5. Just Dance Kids 2: Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes
Fun & a classic.
6. Just Dance Kids 2: The Hokey Pokey
Love the western gear in this one.
7. Nickelodeon Dance: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
This one gets the kids singing too!
8. Just Dance Kids: Happy and Your Know It
9. Just Dance Disney: Under the Sea
Who can resist the Little Mermaid soundtrack? It's also great because students can choose to follow the movements of Ariel or Sebastian.
10. Just Dance Kids: Monkey Dance
Watching the students imitate all the animals is hilarious & so fun!
Just a quick word of advice: make sure to pull up videos from Youtube before you need them, or pull them up with the sound and SmartBoard off, because you really never know what ads will pop up!
What are your favourite brain breaks? Let me know, I'm always on the lookout for new ones!