Monday 7 April 2014

Easter Read Alouds

I cannot believe it is almost Easter - this year has flown by! And I may, or may not, be counting down the weeks (I know, months, but weeks makes it seem like less time) until it is sweet summertime!

But I'll have to forget about summer for a second because I want to talk about Easter - Easter picture books that is.

**Fonts provided by Kimberly Geswein Fonts**


I love having a ready stack of books for each holiday (however minor) and season and I am always looking for new ones to freshen up my bookshelves.

Besides The Easter Egg by Jan Brett, I don't have a ton of Easter picture books that stick out in my mind, so I had to go searching.

Via Amazon
Lucky for all you Pete the Cat fans, Pete has a new adventure, fittingly called, Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure. Now I love the Pete the Cat stories, but I am a little wary of the newer ones as Eric Litwin is no longer writing them. I'm hoping they're are still great, so I might have to pick this new one up.

Via Amazon

Now I said I don't know of a ton of Easter books, but apparently that was because I was not looking hard enough, because one of my favourite authors, Laura Numeroff, has one to go along with all of her other sweet If You Give a . . . books. Although it doesn't quite follow the pattern of her other books, Happy Easter, Mouse! does feature that good old mouse character, so this one is another one I will have to track down.

Via Amazon
Although I haven't read this book yet, I love the bright illustrations in The Easter Bunny's Assistant by Jan Thomas. Another one that I'll have to track down.

Via Amazon
Finally, Piggy Bunny by Rachel Vail is a sweet story about a pig who wants to be the Easter Bunny. It's fun for Easter, but also has a great message about believing in yourself and going after your dreams.


Via Amazon
What are your favourite Easter picture books? I would love to hear some more suggestions.

If you're searching for some Easter ideas for the classroom, click on any of the pictures below to check out some of my Easter ideas.












 Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment