Saturday 7 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 8

I know I'm going to say this for the rest of the countdown, but I can't believe I'm already on Day 8 - Christmas is going to be here before I know it and I am so not ready. My house is not decorated, the presents are not bought and I do not a tree yet.


Last year I discovered Otis by Loren Long and I thought it was such a sweet story with adorable illustrations (again, I'm a sucker for great illustrations), so when I saw this new addition to the series, I had to add it to my list.

Via Amazon
Aimed at younger students, your littles should love An Otis Christmas. Otis the tractor helps save the (Christmas) day when he fetches the veterinarian during a snowstorm, saving a horse and her new baby foal.

Onto other things, I just finished up a new Christmas unit - "Christmas Write the Room."


This unit contains five christmas math activities. Print the question cards, put up around the classroom, give the students the recording sheet and let your students have fun. I love write the room activities for all those students who need to keep moving and of course, for the scavenger hunt qualities, which makes it interesting for the kiddos too.

Click {HERE} or the picture to check it out. Make sure to come back tomorrow to check out my pick for Day 9 of my countdown and hopefully a freebie!


No comments:

Post a Comment