Thursday 12 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 13

Here we are already - Day 13 of my Christmas picture book countdown. Make sure to click {HERE} if you need some more Christmas picture book ideas, I can't believe the countdown is halfway done!


Today's book is Santa's Stuck by Rhonda Gowler Greene.

Via Amazon
On Christmas Eve, Santa eats a few too many treats and ends up stuck in a chimney. The animals of the house and the reindeer must work together to get him out, but which animal will end up making the difference? Your students will have fun predicting as you read aloud. I also have a fantastic freebie to share courtesy of Nancy over at First Grade W.O.W. She has some amazing resources, including a unit to be used with Santa's Stuck. Click {HERE} or the picture to download and make sure you leave her a comment letting her know how awesome it is.

Via First Grade W.O.W.
Make sure you also head over to Reading Toward the Stars for Book Talk Thursday to find some more Night Before Christmas book ideas!


I have to admit that I haven't read many other versions, so I'll have to stick with plain old 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. I like the pictures in this new version illustrated by Holly Hobbie.

Via Amazon

Which version do you prefer?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I love reading Santa's Stuck with my kids. It is so fun to hear them chime in as I read it. That version of The Night Before Christmas looks beautiful. I do love the old classic too!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete