Friday 20 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 21

I cannot believe that Christmas break is here! I am ready for some much needed rest and relaxation! I really enjoy the excitement in the classroom during the week before any sort of vacation (especially Christmas) - busy, but so much fun!


Well I am kind of embarrassed to admit that as I'm going through my countdown of Christmas picture books, I keep having to remind myself of the books I've already written about. There always seems to be one or two that I forget, so if I've already talked about this book, please forgive me! For Day 21, I've chosen A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree by Colleen Monroe. Every time I look see this book, I am reminded of a Christmas special that I saw as a kid, but I cannot remember what it was called, so I'm not sure if this is based on a TV special, or if a TV special was based on this, or if I am remembering it all completely wrong.

Via Amazon

Anyways, this is a sweet story about a tree who wants to be a Christmas tree, but never gets picked. With sweet friends to the rescue, his dream becomes a reality. 

If you'd like to read this with your students, but don't have the book, I found a YouTube reading:


Have a great start to the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment