Wednesday 18 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 19

It's going to be another quick post tonight. Today was a crazy day filled with gingerbread and this amazing art:

Via Artsonia

I cannot find the original picture that I saw, but this was the basic idea (this picture is from Artsonia). We used pastels and metallic sharpie for the cap of the ornament. I loved seeing how they turned out. This is also a great lesson to teach about shading (which we attempted).


So onto today's picture book. Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve? by Jan Brett.

Via Amazon
Jan Brett has so many great Christmas books and I was lucky enough to find a pack of them in the last Scholastic order. If you're looking for an author study to do in the weeks before Christmas, Jan Brett and her books would be a great choice.

Alright, I'm off to rest before it starts all over again tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the picture books. The art looks great and pretty easy too!

    FYI I’m having a giveaway at my blog for my 32-pg place value book (PDF version)--if there are enough entries everyone will be a winner! Feel free to share about it and enter.

    Lucy Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete